Translate

Sunday 4 March 2018

Top 10 books to read 2018


I thought i would do a post on the 10 books i really want to read this year and hopefully get me to read them but as i need to get through my physical tbr before i will allow myself to buy more books. As i have just gotten back into reading there will be some books that everyone has read and that i need to catch up on. 

The first book is Throne of glass by Sarah J Mass. This book and series is popular but has recently lost fans due to decisions Sarah J Mass. I have only recently gotten the book which was during December.

I assume everyone knows the plot of this book so i will just say it is about Celaena who has been given an offer to be the royal assassin for her freedom. I want to start the series this year as i love books about assassins.


The next book i want to hopefully read is Percy Jackson and the sea of monsters by Rick Riordan. I read the first book in October and brought the rest in December. I have never read this series when it originally came out and would like to carry on with the series.

This is the second book in the series so i don't want to say much about the plot. the series follows Percy Jackson who is a demi god whose his father is a Greek god.


Shadow and bone by Leigh Bardugo is the third book i want to read this year. Which like the other two books everyone has read and loved especially the six of crows duology which is well loved. I plan on reading this after. They don't need to be read in publication order but i always prefer to read books in this order.

Shadow and bone Follows Alina who's regiment is attacked and revels a power which saves her best friends life. she is then taken to the palace where she is trained as a Grisha.




The fourth book i really want to get to this year is The cruel prince by Holly Black. The cruel prince is a fairy book where Jude and her sisters are kidnapped and taken to the fairy world. after ten years Jude wants to belong to the world and must try to win a place in the court where humans are hated. i have heard that the book is hard to get through due t the things that happen to Jude so the book will be read when i am mentally prepared for it.



The next book is a gathering of shadows  by V.E Schwab. I read the first book last year on my phone. I wanted to read A gathering of shadows once i had gotten the trilogy physically. Once i had gotten the books there have just been others that i want to read so haven't gotten to it yet unfortunately. I really want to finish this trilogy this year as the first book was so good and V.E Schwab's writing is amazing.


Like previous books this is the second book so i don't want to talk about the plot to not spoil it. The books follow Kell who is an antari who can travel between the four parallel London's.


Next is Harry potter and the philosophers stone the illustrated edition by J.K
Rowling. I really want to read the illustrated edition as the illustration as gorgeous and i think it will be a great way to enjoy and read the books.


The hobbit is the seventh book in this list. I love middle earth and have seen the lord of the rings films a ridiculous amount of times. i have yet to read any of the books and i am intimidated by them. I thought it would be best to read the hobbit first as it is a kids book so easier to read then the lord of the rings. I also want to read this on first as it was written first.


The eighth book is The last wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. This is the only book i have on
audible. I love the Witcher games and have wanted to read the books for a while now. The last wish is a collection of short stories centred around Geralt a Witcher. Witcher's are monster hunters who are mutants and have a long life.



Next is Furyborn. I got this book in a fairyloot box, it is the arc version and is due out in may. i started reading this in December but got distracted by another book and just haven't gotten back to it. i was enjoying it and really want to get back into it. Furyborn has two pov characters Queen Rielle and Eliana.



The final book is Howl's moving castle by Diana Wynne Jones. I manged to find this book in my local second hand bookshop. I love the
cover and love the film so much, it's my second favourite studio Ghibli film. Sophie is the eldest sister which means she is domed to fail. Sophie ends up meeting the witch of the wilds who curses her to be an old lady.

Comment what books you want to get to this year and follow and share
Thank you for reading

Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favourite book covers

I was rearranging my bookshelf and was looking at my covers and it gave me an idea of doing a post on my favourite book covers, these video...